Do you struggle to stay asleep throughout the night? You may even be one of many individuals who struggles to fall asleep and stay asleep. Our San Diego mattress experts know how challenging it is to show up as your best self to work or class when you lose sleep. You may suffer from mood swings or have a hard time concentrating when you don’t get enough sleep every night.
If you would like to know how you can sleep peacefully throughout the night without waking up, we have tips that you can follow. There are several factors that can impact your quality of sleep. Let’s dive in.
- Consider any possible medical conditions. You can talk to your physician to make sure that you can rule out any underlying health conditions that may be preventing you from a good night’s sleep.
- Use sleep supplements.
- Drink chamomile tea before going to bed.
- Lower your room temperature. Sleeping in a room that is too warm can prevent you from staying asleep. Our San Diego mattress experts recommend keeping the room temperature around 60 to 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bathe with Epsom salt before going to sleep.
- Use a white noise machine to help you fall asleep.
- Try falling asleep with the aid of an audiobook.
- Use a sleep mask.
- Use earplugs.
- Have fresh lavender on your nightstand.
- Exercise routinely.
- Monitor your caffeine intake and make sure to stop drinking coffee at least six hours before going to sleep.
- Avoid napping late in the day.
- Minimize Your fluid intake before bed. You should stay hydrated throughout the day but try not to drink any liquids at least three hours before bedtime.
- Expose yourself to sunlight during the day.
- Change your bed sheets frequently.
- Try not to eat too late in the evening.
- Eat breakfast daily. It doesn’t have to be a big meal. You could try making a quick smoothie.
- Make use of blackout curtains in your bedroom.
- Try using a weighted blanket.
- You need to train your brain to see the bed as a place only for sleep and/or sex. Do not place work documents or video games on the bed.
- Take time to write in your journal before bed.
- Invest in a comfortable mattress. Consider checking out mattresses in San Diego that are on sale if your current one is old or ineffective.
- Put away your phone for at least thirty minutes before going to bed.
- Invest in quality bedding. If you just bought a new mattress in San Diego, you should consider getting new bedding too. Make sure that you choose bedding that is appropriate for the seasons as well. You should have a thick comfort for when temperatures drop in the wintertime and then something cooler and thinner for hot summer days.
- Keep up a sleep routine. You can even make a checklist if that helps you establish a pattern.
Our San Diego mattress experts want to see you get a good night’s sleep because you deserve it. If you implement these tips in your daily routine, you should start to see positive results.